Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What can I do if my neighbor keeps filing false noise complaints to our landlord?

Okay, I'm literally shaking I'm sooo mad!!!! So I recently moved into this really nice gated community that I've been wanting to move to for years now. It's Called THE SHORES AT MARINA BAY, In RIchmond California. I've been in my one bedroom, ground floor unit for about 7 months now. Since my arrival, I've received SEVERAL letters and phone calls from our leasing center complaining about noise. Please note, these are condomiums so any noise heard is very minimal.In my 7 months I've received 2 letters, 3 knocks on the door and two phone calls from our leasing office, Also, my leasing office left a VERY detailed message in the general voicemail box of my previous employer. MY ex-coworker called me and said "hey, your landlord keeps calling to complain about noise in your apartment". I am a very quiet natured person, and I know people could understand my frustration when I've done nothing wrong. Each complaint gets put in my file, and after a certain amount I can get EVICTED for something I didn't do. I've even received a complaint for a dog I don't have. I have brought this to the attention of my leasing office and all they say is "okay, I'll let my manager know" OR "I'm sure everyone in your area received a notice" which is complete bullshit because my door is the only with a notice stuffed into the crease. what should I do at this point? I've got 4.5 months left in my lease and it disgusts me that my family has to tiptoe around our own house. We are a fairly young couple. I'm 22, my husband is 25 and our only son is 18 mos old. Once even, our upstairs neighbor was purposefully stomping around their apartment from 8am until about 230 pm when my husband and I got sick of it and called security. When security arrived and as they were walking up towards our apartment to the staircase upstairs, the upstairs neighbor came out and as he was walking to his car, he told security WE were making noise. When WE had been sitting completely still for hours listening to see if it was in fact on purpose before we called security. I ahve an 1150 deposit on this place and don't want to just get up and move although I'm feeling like doing so. When I call my leasing office, the "manager" is never available. What should/could I do? I'm so frustrated!!!!! please help with any advice

No comments:

Post a Comment