Sunday, July 10, 2011

Am I a competitive Marine Corps Candidate?

I am finishing up my application and hoping to go before the review board in August. I graduated from a less than prestigious university with a degree in English Literature, and a minor in International Relations with a focus on the Middle East. My GPA was 2.8. I took 2 years of Arabic, helped create the Middle Eastern Culture Club at my university, participated in several extra curricular activities, was on the University Wrestling Team, trained martial arts during my time at university, and instructed kickboxing classes. My last PFT score was 285. I will have two waivers for theft under $50; both charges were when I was 16-17 years old, and I am now 25. I want to be a Marine Corps Officer and I think that I would do a damn fine job. I'm just trying to make some living arrangements and it's difficult because I'm not sure when/if I will be going to OCS. Do I look like a competitive candidate? Thank you in advance for any feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment